Sunday, June 5, 2005

Sunday Morning Musings..or lazy lazy morning

how is it that I manage to find myself with nothing to watch on tv on a consistent basis? Here it is Sunday morning and I am reading emails and visiting various spinning sites and I had to settle for Red Water on TBS. Well, actually I settled for Red Water because following that one is Deep Blue Sea and as stupid as that movie was when I first saw it I can watch Deep Blue Sea over and over and over again. And No, I have not succumbed to actually purchasing the video or the DVD of it yet. But perhaps Santa will tuck it in my stocking for me.

I own very few VHS tapes and even Fewer DVDs of movies. I'm not sure why. Could be the expense. Could be the commitment I'll feel to watch something over and over again. Could be the money involved. Oh, I said that already LOL

Currently in the collection that I watch over and over again:
Jurassic Park (I love that one)
Jurassic Park III (taped from tv)
MIB
Home Alone (taped from tv)
Armededdon

and the ones i watch rarely:
Face/Off
The mummy
You've got mail
Sliding Doors (interestingly weird by the way)
Deep Impact
Airforce One
Twilight
The Mask of Zorro
My best Friend's Wedding (had real issues with that one the first time I saw it)
Forces of Nature
Wizard of Oz (rarely watched anymore sigh)
Mission Impossible
Hope Floats
Titanic (waste of money, without the big screen effect this one I don't care for)
How To Make an American Quilt (courtesy of my last secret pal on the dj retreats list a yahoo groups list an off-shoot of the dear jane quilt ( www.dearjane.com )

DVD's in no particular order
MIBII
Godzilla
An american President (free with laptop years ago)
Castaway
MI:2
City of Angels
The Perfect Storm
The Sixth Sense
Mona Lisa Smile
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Die Hard 3
8 Heads in a Duffel Bag (Easter basket present for my son but I watch it more)

These do not include the VHS or DVD's that my husband and son have and combined they may have as many as i just listed. i guess it is a lot but does not feel like it.

I don't even know if you can see a "trend" in the listings provided.

Well enough ramblings on that.

We returned home from a vacation late Friday Afternoon. I'll post just a couple of pics on this blog but the rest will go on the family blog. someone mentioned I have a lot of blogs. Well I have a lot of things going in my life and I like to categorize things. So thus I have a knitting blog (the start of blogging!) a quilting blog (non-existent right now as I have a website for professional things on quilting www.debratdesigns.com still under construction) and a family blog, created so the family members can read all about the happenings in our household complete with tons of pictures but not get lost in all my crafty ramblings. They are, of course, invited to view the crafty blogs too.

hmmm started to give the whole vacation "thing" here so I am going to cut and paste it on the family blog.... see you there :)
denise/debrat aka grandma brattie-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment