Sunday, May 22, 2005

It is done and not a moment too soon!

I have finished the Entrelac test bag for the bag_a_holic list at yahoo groups' November, or is it October bag? Having never done Entrelac before I was a perfect tester for this bag LOL But who knew how long it would take me? It took over 4 hours (closer to 5 on most rounds) to do each different colored round of diamonds on this bag. I am a sloooow knitter.

So now that I have gotten this bag done and felted I am moving on to another project. One that may take as long to do but is just plain ole knitting! It is a shawl in Berocco Chinchilla cream. At first I meant to make the #5 project in the berocco booklet with the hairpin lace featured on the front... but i did not like it done that way and decided to just knit and knit and knit 45 stitches on size 8 needles until I get the length I like or run out of yarn. But this yarn is sooo hard to work with. One of the ladies in my Tuesday night group, Sonya I think, mentioned it was hard to work with and she was right. If I had to actually count anything I would never be able to "see" it.

Okay now the details on the bag and the attempts to post the pictures while writing about it. sigh this blogging is an ongoing learning experience.

humpf i have to go back to the other way so I will post this and then try to order my "posts" by changing the time of posting later on to see if I can "re-order" them properly that way.

see you soon after posting!
denise aka grandma brattie-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment